New top story on Hacker News: Show HN: I turned my iPhone and a $20 smart plug into an f-stop timer

Show HN: I turned my iPhone and a $20 smart plug into an f-stop timer
12 by pentakkusu | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I am a film photographer and do some darkroom printing and always wanted one of the proper, advanced f-stop timers, but never really wanted to spend a couple hundred dollars on one. Eventually I figured my phone was already perfectly capable of doing the timing, it just needed a way to switch the enlarger. So I built Darkplug around a cheap smart plug. The app controls the enlarger over the local network and does regular timing, f-stop timing, test strips, has an intuitive dodge/burn workflow, split grade (2 timing channels) and paper development timing. I’ve been using it for a few months in my improvised bathroom darkroom. Fair warning: the app was blindly vibe coded using Codex and Xcode.

October 6, 2026 at 08:58PM pentakkusu 12 https://ift.tt/C8azQkA Show HN: I turned my iPhone and a $20 smart plug into an f-stop timer 1 I am a film photographer and do some darkroom printing and always wanted one of the proper, advanced f-stop timers, but never really wanted to spend a couple hundred dollars on one. Eventually I figured my phone was already perfectly capable of doing the timing, it just needed a way to switch the enlarger. So I built Darkplug around a cheap smart plug. The app controls the enlarger over the local network and does regular timing, f-stop timing, test strips, has an intuitive dodge/burn workflow, split grade (2 timing channels) and paper development timing. I’ve been using it for a few months in my improvised bathroom darkroom. Fair warning: the app was blindly vibe coded using Codex and Xcode. https://ift.tt/H9nX7ZI

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Who wants to be hired? (July 2026)